Stallone and Jane, No More?

On May 27, 2011, Quint at AICN reported that Thomas Jane may be out as Sly’s co-star in the Walter Hill directed “Headshot.”  According to Quint

  •  …the studio wants Jane replaced with someone more “ethnic” in order to meet an in-house formula-for-success. The word is that Jane’s still the favorite for Hill and Stallone, but the studio is insistent on getting a minority in the role.

If true, that’s just plain stupid.  Not only do Sly and Jane both look like the characters from the comic series that they’re supposed to play, but Stallone and Jane make for a great on-screen pairing.  Let’s hope that studio suits don’t ruin what was shaping up to be a very, very good movie.

 

 

Walter Hill May Take a Headshot

On April 6, 2011, Deadline reported that Sly was in talks with Walter Hill to take on the directoral regins of “Headshots.” 

  • Stallone said he has had serious meetings with the helmer: “I completely respect Walter’s incredible body of work and hopefully this legendary director will become attached to the project.”

Sly was also quoted as to why Wayne Kramer left the picture:

  • Word was that Kramer exited because he didn’t see eye to eye creatively with Stallone, who’ll star. Said Stallone: “Initially, Mr. Kramer was hired to direct a dark comedy; however his vision was much darker and exceptionally more violent than how the project was originally conceived. It was decided that it would be better for everyone to move on and consequently Mr. Kramer was dismissed by producers earlier this week. There were no volatile clashes, it was simply a professional parting of the ways.”
  • Hollywood.com: Walter Hill to Direct…
  • First Showing: Walter Hill to Direct…
  • IndieWire: Grumpy Old Tough Guys…
  • /Film: Walter Hill May Direct…
  • IGN: Stallone’s Headshot…
  • CinemaBlend: Walter Hill is…

“Headshots” Loses Director

On April 6, 2011, IndieWire reported that director, Wayne Kramer, who was set to direct Sly in “Headshots” is no longer attached to the film.  IndieWire speculated that Kramer may be moving on to “Pretty Boy Floyd” and that Sly may take the directorial reigns of “Headshots” since it has to get started soon. 

Sly Stallone’s Still the Man

 “Sly Stallone‘s still the man for international buyers. IM Global’s $40 million-budgeted Sylvester Stallone action project Headshot attracted heat here at the European Film Market with German giant Constantin taking the hit for local territory rights in a major pre-sale deal.” – that’s a quote from The Hollywood Reporter and you can read the full piece here.

1 7 8 9